Community Supported Agriculture
2017 CSA is closed
2017 share cost is $550 for 20+ weeks, or $300 for a full share every other week (we call that a half-share). We begin delivering produce in early May and go through mid-October.
If you'd like to participate in our CSA, or if you have any questions, please email us at v e firstname.lastname@example.org (please take-out spaces when emailing), so that's veg@long....... you get the idea.
Why be a member of a CSA?....
- Produce is harvested in peak condition and distributed within hours of harvest to guarantee members the freshest vegetables and herbs full of flavor and nutrition. Did you know vegetables travel over 1,000 miles on the average to their eventual point of sale?
- Reasonable prices.
- A close connection to your food source.
- Local products!
- Early season start-up funds.
- A personal and direct connection to those who eat and appreciate our products.
- Potential weather-related delays.
- Not every crop does equally well every year.
ABOUT FARMING and VEGGIES:
- About certification: our vegetables and herbs are grown from certified organic seed or plants. We always have and always will grow naturally, without any chemicals or pesticides. No federal certification labeling program will change the way we farm.
- About washing: we wash most of our vegetables before distributing them to our customers or selling wholesale. We do what we call a "field wash". You still may find some residual soil or mulch on your veggies. Please thoroughly wash your vegetables when getting them home.
Copyright LongHouse Farm, LLC, 2017All rights reserved